Monday, December 1, 2008

As the 'BIG' day gets closer...

I did my last sonogram 2 weeks ago and everything looks good. Our daughter weighs about 6.8 pounds and about 19 1/2 inches long. We are now wondering about what she will look like, what color her eyes will be, what her skin will look like, her hair and etc..

As my pregnancy progresses farther along and the end is in sight - only 11 days to go- I have been stressing things that need to be done before our daughters arrival and also decide what we will be needing for that "Big" day. I have been going to yoga classes to ease my labor. I have heard every delivery experience there is from so many different women and I hope mine will be an easy one with less pain but of course I expect the worst just in case. We got our hospital luggage ready and I am ready to take off work on Friday, Dec 5th and looking forward to the new challenges that motherhood will bring me.

J and I have taken all the childbirth classes there are out there :) It is very helpful especially for first time parents like us to learn what to expect from labor, the days afterwards, breastfeeding, CPR and a lot of other things you have never heard of from other people. We also took a tour of the hospital where they show you where the delivery room will be and what to do when you get to the hospital when its time.

Of course you never know whether you will be having a C-Section or a natural birth until its time but I much rather have natural birth so we will see. Some people say no drugs and beg for drugs once they are in it and I am sure I will be taking them! My thoughts before this, actually, have been - No epidural! But now it is bring on the pain killers since I do not want to be in pain.

I am hoping to be breastfeeding about a year after listening about all the pros which include helping you loose the pregnancy weight, the benefits for the baby, cost effectiveness and much more…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You both are going to be great parents! Your little will be a wonderfull gift from God and will bless your lives.

Love ya,
JC

Daisypath Halloween tickers